ISO 27001 provides a framework of standards for how an organization should manage their information and data. It protects information in accordance with the internationally recognised benchmark of best practice to mitigate threats and vulnerabilities.
ISO 27001 supports compliance with laws and regulations like EU GDPR, reduces business risk, improves security and protects and enhances organization’s reputation.
The ISO 27001 standard and ISMS provides a framework for information security management best practice that helps organisations to:
Protect client and company information
Achieve compliance with regulations such as GDPR or PCI
Protect the company’s brand image
Save costs by reducing incidents and the likelihood of fines or prosecution
Benefits of ISO27001 for your business
By achieving certification to ISO 27001 the organisation will be able to achieve numerous and consistent benefits including:
- Keeps confidential information secure
- Provides customers and stakeholders with confidence in how companies manage risk
- Allows for secure exchange of information
- Allows companies to ensure they are meeting their legal obligations
- Helps companies to comply with other regulations (e.g. SOX)
- Provide companies with a competitive advantage
- Enhance customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Consistency in the delivery of the service or product
- Manages and minimises risk exposure
- Builds a culture of security
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
At RedBlueGlobal we believe efficiency is the value which guides our approach to everything we do. Therefore, we prefer to make a custom made and individually designed approach for each customer. There is no such thing as “one size fits all”. Everything we do is in the context of the business’ activities and the risks it faces.
We can deliver any of these steps individually or as a complete end-to-end engagement.
Regardless if you decide to proceed to full ISO27001 or you want to improve a part of your cyber security posture, we have an answer for you.
Step 1: Staff training workshop
We start by making sure that your company understands how ISO27001 works, what Information Security Management System is and how to benefit from it.
We explain critical steps of implementation and operation of ISO27001 to you in under 5 minutes. After that, we equip you with necessary, key competencies to operate the Information Security Management System (ISMS).
We address workshop to top-level management and decision-maker process owners. ISO27001 is a straightforward standard which can bring a lot of benefits to you – we will make it crystal clear.
We help you to understand the following:
- What do you have already – which of the current activities can be used to operate ISMS.
- What your objectives are for implementation of ISO27001 – how can your organisation maximise its benefits.
- Which processes are critical to meet business objectives.
- What important information your organisation is storing and depends upon.
- What risks do you face? We will help you to understand the specifics of your industry based on real-life examples.
- Can we integrate ISO27001 with other management systems like ISO9001, ISO20000, PCI DSS?
Step 2: Security Review of the organisation - ISO27001 Gap Analysis
Information Security Review has two parts:
- General Information Security Review – a best practice-based audit aimed at the identification of improvement objectives
- ISO27001 Gap Analysis – specific review of the compliance with section 4 to 10 of ISO27001
You receive specific recommendations and a roadmap. The roadmap is custom made to you in accordance with your industry, your organisational size, capacity, and business strategy objectives.
In addition, you will receive a report which may be used as your project improvement plan.
Step 3: Foundation
In the foundation step, we help you to begin implementing ISMS. We will guide and assist you in the following activities:
- Building asset management and corresponding asset management policies and processes
- Identify legal, statutory and contractual obligations which apply to your organisation – we may be working with your legal team or our legal advisors would assist you
- Create a list of management objectives and evaluation criteria. In addition we will provide you with set KPI’s
- Definition of tasks and responsibilities
- Identification and creation of initial policies and procedures.
Step 4: Risk Management
Risk Management is an essential part of ISO27001 – it ensures that organisational objectives are achieved. Our experts will assist you in creating the following:
- Based on ISO27001 and ISO27005 create a risk management methodology which is the most suitable for your organisation
- Implementation of the Risk Assessment process
- Evaluation of risks
- Selection of appropriate risk response action
At the end of this stage, your organisation will be armed with tools to become self-aware about potential cyber security issues. Your organisation will be able to implement relevant responses to risks and threats.
This phase will take care of unwanted surprises.
Step 5: Continual improvement - Internal Assessment
Your company has identified objectives and legal requirements. You know what assets you have and you can manage them efficiently. You have identified risks and identified relevant actions to address them. However, the cyber security world is changing constantly. Your business is evolving, your objectives will change. Your ISMS has to improve to stay ahead of threats. Your ISMS has to respond to changing business objectives. We will assist you to implement the following processes:
- Identification and management of improvement opportunities
- Identification areas to be reviewed
- Assistance with 3rd party assessments and reviews including certification assessments
- Assessment and review plan
- Identification of new priorities and objectives
Read our Blog
Overview of pen tests and vulnerability scans Organisations that implement ISO27001 or similar management standards are often required to perform...Read more >